Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Only 59 Yards Rushing in TWO Games!
The thing that is sad to me is how everyone is pointing at the OLine. Sure it stinks and needs to be rebuilt/upgraded, but I would throw in that the RBs aren't as good as fans on here think.

Even with the box being stacked, with the OLine being terrible, 59 yards isn't just those things, that is the RBs not having any type of dominance. Sanders had a terrible OLine, but was still able to get yards. At some point you just expect great RBs to do great things. Make people miss, run people over or whatever, but I don't see that with these guys.

Bernard is slippery and tries to truck people over, but he is not as stout as other RBs. He, right now, is our best back though, what he lacks in the run game he makes up for his receiving abilities. He has 21 yards on 7 attempts rushing with 42 yards on 2 receptions, for a total of 63 yards.

Mixon on the other hand has 27 rushing on 17 attempts with 5 receptions of 17 yards, totaling 44 yards.

I won't say that Bernard should be the primary back, but he has the better YPC, both rushing and receiving, than Mixon. If Mixon is hurt and not at his best, then maybe game plan with Bernard taking the load, and switching to Mixon as the CoP back.

I also think we need to think about dink and dunk passes with our RBs, especially in the middle of the field on 1st and 2nd down. If they can't run for 4 yards, then maybe they can get you 4 yards on quick passes. Sure the rushing stats look weak, but the point is to move the ball. If you are getting 4 yards, per play, from your RB, it shouldn't matter if they are running for 4 or catching for 4, that is a good play. Puts us in 3rd and short and hopefully gets the defenders to sit in tight, allowing for the speedy WRs to get downfield.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Only 59 Yards Rushing in TWO Games! - OswaldsLegacy - 09-16-2019, 12:52 AM