Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Relationship Between Ownership and Fans is on Life Support
(09-16-2019, 01:32 AM)samhain Wrote: It's going to take more than a new coach to change this.  It will take years of sustained winning, and even then that might not be enough.  I think it's a real possibility that this team isn't long for Cincinnati once the lease is up.  People just don't give a shit anymore and they've seen enough of the family's act.

I think it is down to two things to get a packed stadium like back in the Carson days.

One is winning in the playoffs, getting to the AFC title game mainly. Even then it may not be fully packed due to the second thing.

Mike Brown either sells the team to a new owner that comes in and brings this organization & experience with the fans to levels like other teams have. Or if it's within the family, they completely overhaul and do a 180 opposite than he did. A complete reboot of management while giving back to the fans tenfold more than the crumbs MB has given them over the years.

The latter is basically the only thing that will get me to go to a game again though. When they were getting beat down today, I honestly didn't even care. I went from "Hey they showed something good last week" to complete apathy pretty quick. Which means being a fan of the Bengals is not much more than a side hobby anymore. I got better things to do and spend my money on than that Mike Brown organization, eff him. 
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Relationship Between Ownership and Fans is on Life Support - Millhouse - 09-16-2019, 02:17 AM