Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maybe we need to clean house after the season if things go bad...
(09-16-2019, 09:49 AM)samhain Wrote: I think an epically bad year will result in some staff turnover.  Taylor isn't going anywhere, nor should he.  He deserves time to get his roster where he wants it.

Dalton and Green are the big questions.  I think this team has a legitimate shot at winning less than 5 games this year.  That puts them in the first round quarterback conversation.  A that point, if Zac wants a guy to groom, you let him pick him.  This team isn't constructed well enough to help a 30 mil per year Andy Dalton succeed.  Draft a rookie with upside on an affordable contract, then build the line with the 30 million instead.  

I think that there are enough skill players on the roster that paying Green 20 or 22 mil per year isn't a necessity, either.  Take some mercy on him.  Let him pursue a title before his career ends.  He's been the consummate good soldier.  

A lot of people here like to ask if we as fans would really want to spend 18 mil on "Trent freaking Brown" or give Roger Saffold a 44 million dollar deal.  Well, I'm here to tell you that I absolutely would at this point.  We need established commodities on the line, not retreads and roster backfill.  We've tried the cheap approach for 3 years now and it gets worse and worse.  Spend money to fix the problem instead of extending a guy like AJ to be a hood ornament on a one dimensional offense or Andy to watch him get obliterated when other teams pin their ears back and tee off due to lack of run game.

We're going to get beat a lot until we start winning at the line of scrimmage.  Yesterday's game illustrated that perfectly.  SF doesn't have a great QB or skill players.  I'd take ours over theirs all day long.  What they do have is a legit o-line and defensive front seven, some of which they spent a lot of money on in free agency.  Nobody was laughing at the Kwon Alexander overpay yesterday as their defense shut our offense down.
:andy: :andy: :andy:
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Maybe we need to clean house after the season if things go bad... - bengals67 - 09-16-2019, 02:51 PM