Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maybe we need to clean house after the season if things go bad...
(09-17-2019, 11:31 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: The worst and hardest part of this is; this team has had such a long, exhausting "stretch" of seasons (you know what i'm talking about...no need to rehash it all) that there aren't very many fans that are willing to wait 2, 3, 4 seasons until ZT has "his team" and they possibly, actually win a playoff game or more. Most fans of this team don't have the patience left to wait 1 season for the turnaround, they want it immediately. But like you said, and we all know, that's unrealistic due to the number of needs on this team. 

Yep. The time to move on from Lewis was after the Pittsburgh Playoff loss. Probably the best thing for Lewis too. It's another way this team is mismanaged.

But, yes...you're right.

The hope was that new coaches could come in and fix players. (This basically meant that the old staff was bad.) Well...it doesn't appear that this will be the case from a development or scheme perspective.

We haven't added those 2-3 impact free agents.

And health was another thing that was being banked on. Well, health hasn't been there either...and it likely never will.

But, yes like you say the amount of needs we have are big...and guys like Green, Atkins, and Dunlap are 30/31...so as we fill needs, other needs will spring up. That's why it's tempting to trade guys for draft picks.

Honestly, IF I were the GM...I'd really have to think over what I'd do. IF going from a 5-6 win team to a 3-4 win team with a lot of draft picks significantly made the future brighter...maybe I do that.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Maybe we need to clean house after the season if things go bad... - THE PISTONS - 09-17-2019, 03:16 PM