Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Relationship Between Ownership and Fans is on Life Support
As someone who lives well outside Cincinnati and travels a few times a year for games, I have a different perspective.

The worst part of my 8 hour trips to Cincy has unfortunately become the Bengals. Last two games I went to were NO and SF. Feels like a rip off. But Cincinnati is a great town and is inexpensive for what it offers. I got a two bedroom apartment for 3 nights in the Banks for 350 bucks. That's a night in a hotel in Chicago. I've taken my family to the top of the Carew Tower, to the zoo, to the Children's Museum in the old railroad depot. We always go to Koch's to buy some gear and my 6 year old could spend all day playing on the park on the riverfront. Cincinnati is a fine town. I'd be sorely disappointed if the team left, because this is my team for 30 years and I've grown to really love taking a few weekends a year to the city.

But this last game had a bit of a breaking point. I told my son who is 6, that he can pick any team he wants, he doesn't have to be a Bengals fan. Not sure I want to put him through this misery. The game was embarrassing as a fan. 49ers fans owned the stands and their team owned the field. This is a completely one sided relationship I have with this team. I invest time and money that are always tight for me, and in all my my years of fandom have seen one playoff victory when I was 8. Getting burnt out.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Relationship Between Ownership and Fans is on Life Support - Brimey - 09-17-2019, 06:21 PM