Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Whistle-Blower’s Complaint Is Said to Involve Multiple Acts by Trump
(09-20-2019, 06:46 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I listened to this interview on the way home from work. There was more to it than this, but this part set me off: https://www.npr.org/2019/09/20/762594886/pelosi-says-congress-should-pass-new-laws-so-sitting-presidents-can-be-indicted

This is the most ridiculous thing I have heard. I get it, it's frustrating that a sitting president can't be indicted right now. But you know what? They shouldn't be. In our system of government the agency that does the indicting reports to--gasp--the president! The job of oversight over the executive branch lies with Congress. I know that it is an inherently political process and because of the partisan asshattery occurring in Washington right now it seems pointless at best, potentially destructive at worst, to carry out the impeachment hearings. I get it. BUT THAT'S YOUR ***** JOB!!!

If you think the president has acted in a way to deserve an indictment well then put on your big girl britches and bring impeachment proceedings to the floor, because that is the process laid out in the Constitution for this. Stop playing a bureaucratic blame game because you're scared of the politics. Make your case to the American people and send it to the Senate. If you do your job well enough, then you should convince the citizens that aren't already on your side that what you're doing is the right thing which will make obstruction from McConnell that much more difficult.

I'm sick and tired of Congress handing over its authority to the executive branch, and this power is one that I am just baffled over the concept of passing along.

Agreed. We don't need the law when the impeachment process exists for that very reason. If you feel like the President did enough to be indicted under normal circumstances then bring up articles of impeachment. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Whistle-Blower’s Complaint Is Said to Involve Multiple Acts by Trump - BmorePat87 - 09-20-2019, 09:40 PM