Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Don't Set Yourself up for Disappointment
(10-04-2015, 09:37 PM)McC Wrote: He's getting on that roll I was talking about.  Now he just knows he'll play well.  And Hue is just letting him rip.   The less Hue talks about turning it over, the less Andy does it.

I honestly think it's a combination of many things. I think they've removed or changed some routes that commonly led to INT's. I think Andy is more comfortable in the system. Obviously guys are healthy (knock on wood). They're definitely being aggressive and letting Dalton throw it downfield. They're spreading the ball wonderfully.

None of that explains how Dalton is making the type of throws that he is though. I've never seen him roll out, run at full speed and throw an absolute strike on the money like he did today. His deep accuracy is looking like Rodgers or a younger Drew Brees. I've never bought into the Tom House stuff, but maybe that's playing into it. I can't think of any other way to explain it.

Dalton has never been a bad QB, but after 4 straight games of this, I'm starting to wonder if he's reached a new level. Hopefully he continues putting up video game numbers all season. I think we're all waiting for him to come down a bit.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Don't Set Yourself up for Disappointment - Shake n Blake - 10-04-2015, 09:54 PM