Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Your the Owner! What do you do?
1) Upgrade personnel department not just to fall in line with league averages, but to become a league leader. Complete with advanced analytics, world class medical/training staff, heavily beefed up scouting department, the works.

2) Employ a massive PR department to rehab and re-brand the team's image not just locally, but nationally. The primary goal would be to increase both attendance numbers and also merchandise sales. With the amount of money I'll be spending below...that extra income isn't just welcome, it's necessary.

3) Do everything in my power to remove Roger Goodell from his position as commissioner of the NFL. This includes: schmoozing other owners, publicly berating and judging every idiotic move Goodell makes, and outright refusing to pay my portion of his salary up to and including fighting the inevitable lawsuits in court. This has nothing to do with making the team a winner, it's more just that Goodell is a sleazy good-for-nothing weasel and as an NFL owner I'd finally be in a position to attempt to do something about it.

4) Re-pay and further compensate Hamilton County and the city of Cincinnati for the stadium deal in exchange for ownership and full control over PBS. This would help with both rehabbing the team's image in the local community, while also increasing the overall value of the team in the event I decided to sell.

5) Upgrade and/or install facilities that will not only help to attract outside free agents, but maintain and improve the health of current players as well. For instance: Indoor practice facility, expanded training facilities, further improving on-site medical facilities. Also, I'd oversee the construction of new offices for the aforementioned beefed up personnel and PR departments. This would likely involve buying up large portions of the surrounding riverfront, sorry local businesses, we've got a damn Super Bowl to go out and win.

Fun fact about something on my 5th point: The Bengals are the only team in the NFL with an MRI on-site at the stadium. It sounds ludicrous, but it's true! 
https://www.forbes.com/sites/jefffedotin/2019/07/08/medical-marvels-bengals-are-lone-nfl-team-with-an-mri-at-their-stadium/#410c3d945b2d
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Your the Owner! What do you do? - TKUHL - 09-22-2019, 11:12 PM
RE: Your the Owner! What do you do? - J24 - 09-23-2019, 12:39 AM
RE: Your the Owner! What do you do? - J24 - 09-25-2019, 03:03 AM
RE: Your the Owner! What do you do? - J24 - 09-23-2019, 12:37 AM
RE: Your the Owner! What do you do? - J24 - 09-23-2019, 01:44 AM
RE: Your the Owner! What do you do? - Ravage - 09-23-2019, 01:43 AM
RE: Your the Owner! What do you do? - yang - 09-23-2019, 07:00 PM
RE: Your the Owner! What do you do? - J24 - 09-25-2019, 03:08 AM
RE: Your the Owner! What do you do? - J24 - 09-25-2019, 03:12 AM
RE: Your the Owner! What do you do? - J24 - 09-25-2019, 05:56 PM