Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Front Office fooled the fans again...
(09-23-2019, 09:55 AM)Big Boss Wrote: I said this months ago.  Zac Taylor basically inherited the exact same team as last year, but then lost our best LB (Burfict) and one of our best offensive linemen (Boling).  Then you add on all the other injuries we've had.  So technically, the roster he's working with is worse than last year.  Marvin may have been able to squeak by as best he could, because he has over a decade's experience as a head coach.  Taylor doesn't have that luxury.  

This does not absolute Taylor and the coaches of all blame, but when you're basically down to your 4th string LT, you're in bad shape.  This team lacks talent and depth, and it may take them years to be competitive again.  But I can tell you right now, so long as this team refuses to be more aggressive in free agency, it's going to be later rather than sooner.

Yep. 

Don't get me wrong - this team DOES have some talent, but its not enough. Fans get blinded because they see guys like AJ Green, Joe Mixon, Ross, etc. The fact remains though, the foundation of this team is terrible. The offensive line sucks, the d line has played average, and the linebackers are garbage. 

If you dont think any of the above are important ask the Rams, Pats, Chiefs, etc. 

The Bengals philosophy on how to build a decent roster/team is completely backwards.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Front Office fooled the fans again... - WeezyBengal - 09-23-2019, 09:59 AM