Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
John Ross record breaking pace.
(09-22-2019, 07:15 PM)Roland Wrote: After two games thanks entirely to one meaningless long touchdown reception in garbage time. 

Enough to produce wins instead of putting the team out of games in the first half so that he ends up padding his stats in the second half with meaningless receptions and touchdowns.

I'd like as much as anyone for Ross to turn out to be a great player.  I'd love to be wrong on this.  But if you look at the reality of his performance it's clear that if Green were starting Ross would have no more touches and no more touchdowns than in his previous games.  But he'd probably still be dropping 50% of his touches.

Sounds like your definition of "productive" might be different than what some others (like myself) consider it.
For me, it's yards and TDs for individuals. Statistical production.
Wins and losses is part of team production. I don't put that all on one player, especially a receiver, who is completely dependent on being thrown the ball.
If you want to lump wins and losses into whether a WR is productive or not, that's your choice, but I don't think everyone thinks the same way you do.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: John Ross record breaking pace. - ochocincos - 09-23-2019, 02:49 PM