Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
M/illions march in NY against the Repubs
(09-20-2019, 05:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: As to the OP: It's good to see the kids get involved but I don't see it as a counter to cowardice. Where were these folks letting kids skip school when I was in?

Leading the Civil Rights movement.

[i][url=http://www.tolerance.org/kit/mighty-times-childrens-march][/url]Mighty Times: The Children’s March[/i] tells the story of how the young people of Birmingham braved arrest, fire hoses, and police dogs in 1963 and brought segregation to its knees. In the spring of 1963, Birmingham, Alabama, was the “do-or-die” battleground for the Civil Rights Movement. Heavy intimidation by Birmingham authorities left the Movement floundering. Using word-of-mouth under a veil of secrecy, more than 4,000 African American schoolchildren organized to desert classrooms at exactly 11 a.m. on “D-Day,” May 2, 1963, touching off a week of mass demonstrations and rioting that shocked the nation. Police tried to stop them. Yet, the children prevailed.

Nothing says "coward" like attacking the messenger because you are afraid to address the message.

Messages In This Thread
RE: M/illions march in NY against the Repubs - fredtoast - 09-23-2019, 08:28 PM