Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bernard Made a Terrible Decision
(09-23-2019, 05:09 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: 100% was where my mind went too.

I still maintain that if Gio had gone to New Orleans, he would have been a perennial Pro Bowler in that Sean Payton/Drew Brees offense.

We saw a glimpse of what he could do in a good offensive scheme/OC in 2015, and that was with Dalton rather than Brees and being second fiddle to an ineffective Hill.

I think in fairness to Gio, he (and likely any RB) needs more than two touches in a half to kind of "get in the groove of the game".  

I know everyone will say that it is not how we are built and that Taylor's offense is 11 personnel, blah, blah, blah, but I would really like to see the Bengals line up with two TEs (Sample and Uzo) and run the ball time and time again against pitt.

And where is the damn jet sweep?  Every team has been killing us with that because our LBs can't get side to side...does anyone think that opposing LBs appreciate that Ross isn't cutting across the backfield every other snap?  Waste.  

If Dalton has Mixon or Gio to his left, and Ross is coming from his right at full speed (and you actually have to give it to Ross a time or two) then the counter is a handoff to Mixon or Gio cutting back across the direction Ross came from.  I have seen KC do this exceptionally well.  It absolutely freezes the defensive ends and the LBs.  Why on earth are they not using this?  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Bernard Made a Terrible Decision - Daddy-O - 09-23-2019, 04:20 PM
RE: Bernard Made a Terrible Decision - SHRacerX - 09-24-2019, 10:25 AM