Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The Bengals have't won a playoff game since modern free agency was instituted
(09-23-2019, 11:12 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It's no coincidence that the Bengals haven't won a single playoff game since modern free agency began in 1992.

A team like the Bills singed 22 free agents this offseason and 3-0 start. Kudos to Buffalo for trying to improve.

Yet...here we are: The narrative in the forum over the offseason was that there was no free agents worth spending on. Guys like Pratt and Jefferson would upgrade us at LB. Well that has failed so far.

To be fair, it's not like we've seen Pratt play poorly. He just hasn't been put on the field much. 
It's easy to assume the reason is because he's not good enough to play over Vigil or Brown but there's no proof to that assumption until we can actually see Pratt play.

I agree though, they could have done more to help the team. Out of all the positions, they seemed to have neglected LB the most. Some might say, "What about OL?" and to that I say, "They tried addressing it with the top OT in the 1st round and a 4th round OG but both are hurt, plus Boling retired and Glenn is hurt."

At least with OL, injuries can be an excuse. There isn't any excuse for the LB performance. Tem Lukabu sure hasn't impressed me yet, but I can't really blame him when he's essentially rolling with the former crew's players aside from drafting Germaine Pratt. Some might put blame on him for the team re-signing Preston Brown, but he was just hired just a couple weeks before FA began.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Bengals have't won a playoff game since modern free agency was instituted - ochocincos - 09-24-2019, 11:01 AM