Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
M/illions march in NY against the Repubs
(09-24-2019, 10:55 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: A few things about this kid and this movement in general.

1.  I'm not a fan of using children to make political points.  It's an appeal to emotion and it's using them.  Regardless of your feelings on the topic at hand this kid is being astroturfed and propped up by people with a political agenda.  She also isn't changing anyone's mind.  Either you agree with her message and love her or you don't and don't.  She's not persuasive.  If anything her accusatory, aggressive, style probably turns off more people than it wins over.  Of course, we shouldn't expect swaying oratory from children, which is another reason they shouldn't be used for political purposes.

2.  This message is being directed at the wrong audience.  The main polluter in the world is China.  Somehow I don't think we'll see Greta in Beijing delivering her fiery lecture.  Add in the third world and you have the vast majority of pollution, yet these polluters are omitted.  The more cynical side of me believes this is because attacking poor third world countries would be dreadfully un-PC.  Also, population control would go much further towards eliminating pollution than anything proposed by Greta.  Yet we haven't heard that mentioned at all.  The cynical side of me raises its head again.

3.  We're already past the point that reducing emissions will be a game changer.  Especially, as mentioned above, due to the fact that most pollution is generated by countries and areas of the world that Greta (or more appropriately her handlers) don't appear to be concerned about.  What we need is a scientific process to reverse the damage already caused.  It's certainly possible and already achievable at a small scale.  An international style Manhattan Project to develop this process would be an excellent solution IMO.

1. She started this last year.  Sorry that it catching on bothers you.  But as always, go after the messenger first, right?

2.  You have an unhealthy obsession with China.  That aside we can start with our own house and then move on to everyone else in the world.

3.  Gotta start somewhere.  The "Well, that won't do enough so we might as well not do anything" is causing more damage.

It was a valiant attempt to pretend that you wanted to talk about the environment while simply going after the girl, the people who marched and her "handlers".  lol

I just picture you in the 60's going on about those "damn hippies!"  Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: M/illions march in NY against the Repubs - GMDino - 09-24-2019, 11:08 AM