Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
John Ross record breaking pace.
(09-24-2019, 11:24 AM)Roland Wrote: You're talking about fantasy football.  In assessing his net contribution to the team you have to consider both the positive and the negative.   You can't pick two statistics and just ignore the fact that he sets the team back or outright kills drives with mistakes, penalties, dropped balls, and fumbles.

Look, I understand your point, but I still disagree that John Ross hasn't been productive. He's the leading receiver on the team with 292 yards and 3 TDs. No other players outside of Boyd even has 100 yards.

Look at another reference point: Calvin Johnson had nearly 2000 receiving yards in 2012 but the Lions went 4-12. Sometimes that happens where 1-2 players get a lot of statistical production but it doesn't translate into wins. It's a consolation prize.

I get wanting to criticize Ross for his mistakes but you should be criticizing the other players for not stepping up just as much (or more) than jabbing at Ross. The other players need to step up a lot more than Ross IMO.

Besides, no one said Ross was the greatest receiver in the league. After Week 2, he was leading in yards and tied for the lead in TDs but we all knew that was going to be difficult to sustain. Heck, most of us never even considered Ross to be the #1 WR on the team with AJ out. We all just wanted him to finally play to WR3 level, which would be like 600+ yards and a handful of TDs.
I think he's showing he can be a good option as a WR3, don't you? Or would you prefer someone who has half his statistical production but fewer dropped passes?

My point is this. John Ross, despite his drops, has been one of the very few bright spots on the team so far. He's not the best WR in the league (no one has said this), but he's showing he belongs as a WR2/WR3, which is ultimately what we all were hoping for. Sure, we all want wins, but if the team doesn't get wins, it's good to see some players do well who haven't in seasons prior.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: John Ross record breaking pace. - ochocincos - 09-24-2019, 12:09 PM