Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The Bengals have't won a playoff game since modern free agency was instituted
(09-24-2019, 11:38 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Throwing a 4th Round pick at an issue at starter isn't going to get the issue done most years...unless that draft pick is Russell Bodine.  Hilarious 

I think the fact that Pratt hasn't replaced one of those guys is partially the answer.

In terms of the draft, the Bengals could have traded up in Rd 2 to get one of Risner, Ford, etc, but it seemed like they expected one of those guys to fall to them since so many were still on the board. We had heard though that they were ready to take one of those guys if they had reached them.

Trading up for one of them was about the only thing better than taking Jordan.

You might say they should have picked up a good LG in FA, but I would have rather seen the Bengals get a stud LB or RT than a LG.

EDIT - Not to mention some of us (like myself) thought this was a great opportunity for Westerman to finally get some snaps and emerge as the starting LG. I personally thought he was going to get that starting gig and roll with it this year, leading to an extension and the Bengals would have their future LG.

The real thing with the Bengals is that they are very particular about who they will give big contracts to. Cordy Glenn is the only outside player who I can recall getting near $10 mill a year. All the other players at $10+ mill a year have been internal re-signings. The Bengals will reserve plenty of money to try to retain their own good players rather than gamble on players from outside the organization.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Bengals have't won a playoff game since modern free agency was instituted - ochocincos - 09-24-2019, 12:14 PM