Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Whistle-Blower’s Complaint Is Said to Involve Multiple Acts by Trump
(09-25-2019, 03:56 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I know this labels me a "Trump supporter" among our more black and white world view posters, but based on what I've read I don't see the smoking gun they need to successfully impeach Trump.  What went on was certainly shady, but I don't think it's going to get the Dems anywhere near where they're trying to go.

I said it a long time ago and it's more true now than ever; the constant talk of impeachment from many Dems has made actually impeaching Trump nearly impossible without solid evidence of an act egregious enough to outrage the moderate citizens of this country.  I don't see this being it.  We certainly don't have all the facts yet, and what's to come may certainly change this, but I see impeachment proceedings working in Trump's favor long term.  I said this before, this will be political theatre at it's highest and Trump excels in political theatre.

I'm going to be 100% candid here. If I didn't already want Trump impeached, this issue would not be what changed my mind. Honestly, I just don't really see why this is considered a bigger problem than anything else Trump does. Trump has been trying to strong arm other nations for his entire presidency, so this is just another one of his "I think politics are exactly like shady New York Business practices where I can just intimidate other countries into doing what I want them to do" tactics. He probably didn't even think twice about it when he was doing it.

Now, obviously, it will depend heavily on the fall out and details of this whistle blower, but this is just another thing Trump can plead ignorance on and let it float away.

Do they really expect Americans to give a single shit about our President withholding aid from Ukraine, regardless of his motive or reasoning? I honestly can't think of a single thing your average American could possibly care less about. I could even see some Americans thinking it's smart to withhold aid to one of those 'Communist countries.'

Impeach Trump because he's incompetent, embarrassing, senile, idiotic, narcissistic, incapable of telling a truth to save his ***** life or because he is simply unfit for the most powerful single political position in the entire world.

Don't try and "gotcha" him with some pedantic whistle blowing that most Americans probably don't give a shit about...

That said, I'm glad something happened to FINALLY get the Dems off their asses and start the impeachment inquiry in earnest. It's about time.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Whistle-Blower’s Complaint Is Said to Involve Multiple Acts by Trump - CJD - 09-25-2019, 04:39 PM