Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Whistle-Blower’s Complaint Is Said to Involve Multiple Acts by Trump
(09-25-2019, 04:46 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I don't entirely disagree right now. I mean, what he did is impeachable. He violated the law even based on the memo about the phone call he made. That being said, it's not something the general public will see easily or care much about. This will certainly be political theater. The Democrats must spend their time wisely during this inquiry making their case to the American public before the vote in the House. They need to make their case so solid that any Republican voting against impeachment will be seen as nothing more than a partisan actor that only their base would accept the actions of. That's a tough uphill climb, no doubt.

I appreciate that you gave the actual substance of my post consideration instead of having a knee jerk, emotional, reaction.  But this doesn't surprise me at all coming from you.  A successful impeachment would be difficult at best, sans the egregious smoking gun we've discussed before, but the Dems, with varying numbers and volume, have been banging the impeachment drum since the day after the election.  Their own past actions have cast their current ones in a political light.  At the very least they made the GOP's job of trying to frame this as a partisan hit job, or an usurpation of the electoral process, a far more simple task. 

Quote:All of that being said, I do find you a bit too dismissive of what is occurring here. There is at least one, possibly two, violations of campaign finance law laid out in the memo released today, which also means an abuse of power as he used the office to carry them out. Even when taken alone, those are impeachable offenses. I do agree, though, that the Democrats have made is more difficult to act on them by the way they have acted since he was elected. That and their objections to the impeachment inquiry of Clinton.

I'm honestly not being dismissive at all, at least not intentionally.  You may be correct that I have grown numb to the constant calls for impeachment and consequently don't see this in as serious a light as I should.  If that's the case then it's emblematic of the deep hole the Dems have dug for themselves on this issue.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Whistle-Blower’s Complaint Is Said to Involve Multiple Acts by Trump - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 09-25-2019, 05:45 PM