Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Why the squabbles among fans of the same team?
(09-26-2019, 12:01 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: The question is why all of us remain fans of a team. What is the purpose of loyalty when the other is not giving you their 100% (think of your job, too). Some live in the city, some don't, some grew up liking them, others didn't. Hard to tell why people become a fan of a team (maybe for the dumbest of reasons if others knew, in my case, it's the tiger). Then we let the team affect our emotions or take up half our weekend and depress us, and question why, lol. What if the paradigm is we just became a fan of players, and not actually a team - oh man would the league lose a lot of money maybe with half filled stadiums. Or maybe get more money, with wearing one team's hat, another team's jersey, and another team's jacket. That really seems like all that matters to the NFL, making money, it's a business. Holding calls are slowing the game down? We'll stop calling them.

Maybe the subconscious thoughts we have are these kids make a lot of money and it doesn't seem like all of them are living up to their potential, which can be aggravating, and none of us know the reason(s) why, and it comes out differently with posters attacking each other. When I'm at games I'm usually the one yelling at Andy while wearing an AJ Green jersey. Not that I hate Andy, but I know he (and others) can do better given certain situations.

As "realistic" as I am (which others view as negativity), I also get irritated with the happy go lucky positiviity that isn't half sarcasm. It may be true the positive people are the ones that can accomplish their goal, but right now the Bengals have accomplished nothing worthwhile in over 30 years. Time to be realistic lol.

if you question you fandom were you ever a fan to begin with?  
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why the squabbles among fans of the same team? - XenoMorph - 09-26-2019, 10:58 AM