Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Why the squabbles among fans of the same team?
(09-26-2019, 03:59 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I feel like my biggest disappointments are the schemes. On defense, I didn't expect much with Lou. But, on offense, I've been particularly disappointed. It seems predictable. I expected a lot more misdirection. Sure, there's some, but I expected a lot more to keep the defense off balance and open un the running game for Mixon.

The biggest hope is that the coaches can improve...but I don't know.

And for all I know, maybe the Rams offense would fail too without a good offensive line.

For sure the Rams wouldn't be as good if they didn't pick up great FAs in Whitworth and Sullivan in 2017. There was no Whitworth-caliber guy available in FA this year for the Bengals to go get. They also had a good veteran LG and outstanding, young RT already on the roster in Saffold and Havenstein go to along with Whitworth and Sullivan.

As for receiving options, they didn't have a single guy hit 1000 yards. Everything revolved around All-Pro Todd Gurley, who put up 2000+ yards from scrimmage. But they did have four good receiving options in Watkins, Woods, Kupp, and Gurley. They hardly used TEs as pass catchers.

Last, they had an All-Pro kicker who hit 95% of his FGs including 6 of 7 from 50+ that year.

People were hoping Taylor to turn the Bengals into the Rams without having near the level of personnel that the Rams had.
Taylor also needs more than a few games before people start considering him a bust as a HC. He's going to go through growing pains, as is his staff and the players. Let's reevaluate in December.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why the squabbles among fans of the same team? - ochocincos - 09-26-2019, 04:18 PM