Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Why the squabbles among fans of the same team?
(09-26-2019, 12:15 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Their dominance defies logic, doesn't it?

It's a culture thing.   It takes a lot to change a team culture, workplace culture or family culture.   Culture change is truly rare.

In terms of examples I think of what happened in New England.   It took a new head coach and an injury to their "franchise" QB to jump start the team.  And more than a couple of years combined with that to establish a new and winning culture.  The Steelers were a really bad team before Rooney and Noll changed the culture.

I feel like it's happened successfully on the RAMs team, but took a couple of years.  I think it's happening in San Francisco, but has taken 3 years to take hold.   It happened in Seattle with Pete Carrol, and it happened with Tony Dungy in Tampa Bay but took a long time and was finally cashed in on by Gruden.

I think we have the start of a culture change happening.  But it's going to take some time.  ZT is going to have his own growing pains, and the jury is out on Tobin and the Blackburns.  I have been unhappy with much of the drafting since 2015, but it hasn't been a wash.  And the whole fiasco with the Hart contract has been discouraging.  But despite his growing pains I think ZT was a good hire and that encourages me.

As for this board, we have our own culture.  There are always those who beat a dead horse, become overly negative, vituperative or just plain nasty - including myself.   But by and large I like the culture here and the diversity of perspectives.  There are some pretty smart people on this board - and some really nice people.   I have those days like all of you where I get tired of the whining and negativity - but for the most part I really appreciate almost all of you.

We probably aren't going to the Super Bowl this year.   But personally I plan on sticking with the team and all of you.   I would be very unhappy if we did not have an NFL team - and I'm committed to this team since I've been around since 1968.

And I'd be very unhappy if this board was not around.  Hang in their brothers and sisters!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why the squabbles among fans of the same team? - 3wt - 09-26-2019, 04:45 PM