Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The LBer issue, is there a fix ?
(09-26-2019, 10:47 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I don't understand why they don't do more roll out/sprint out type of plays?  Andy is quite mobile, and has proven to be an effective runner, when ever he does.  I understand that many don't like roll out/sprint out plays, as it essentially cuts off 1/2 of the field for the defense to cover.  I'm not suggesting that they should do it a dozen times/game, just throw a couple in there to give the defenses something to think about, rather than just rushing straight up field every down..

(09-26-2019, 10:58 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yep

And I know Dalton isn't a speed demon,  however. What's wrong with a designed QB draw every once in a while ? Catch em in man to man and just take off. Like you say give em something else to consider.

There was a play or two in the Bills game where it looked like a lot of open green out there and he threw it away.

(09-26-2019, 11:06 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yeah or even a bootleg where he throws from outside the pocket?

I have to say, our offense is much more vanilla than I had hoped. The execution has generally been poor too as we're dependent on big plays to score.

Bootlegs will work from the left hash for a right handed QB, but your RT has to contain his guy AND have at least one G pull (naked won't work with Andy). Besides, Andy is forced to work from shotgun so much that bootlegs are not an option.

The way DLs are teeing off on us, screens and shovels are really the only viable options. LBs are sitting on slants and shallow crosses because the entire DL seems to be in our backfield after the snap.

The other solution is working out of a two TE sets as base offense, and sending the back out occasionally on wheels and flares and one TE in shallow cross or seam. You can wrinkle off this look.

Or two back sets to plug A and B gaps opposite the C,LG,LT triangle, and release as you progress. You can run with a lead blocker, or release one and keep one to keep the interior clean.

Unfortunately, any option has to involve max protection.

We have to get defenses to commit their SS to the box from a standard set. They are staying in their base defense and dictating to us.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The LBer issue, is there a fix ? - XsandOs - 09-26-2019, 07:50 PM
RE: The LBer issue, is there a fix ? - J24 - 09-25-2019, 04:40 PM
RE: The LBer issue, is there a fix ? - J24 - 09-25-2019, 05:01 PM
RE: The LBer issue, is there a fix ? - J24 - 09-25-2019, 05:26 PM
RE: The LBer issue, is there a fix ? - J24 - 09-25-2019, 05:27 PM
RE: The LBer issue, is there a fix ? - J24 - 09-25-2019, 08:07 PM