Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our Defense gives up big plays
Chiefs' big drives:

78 yards - 69 of the yards due to LB/S (mostly LB on this drive) not covering well or missing tackles.
58 yards - 44 came on one play, Reggie could have been in better position and was just too slow, Dre had to turn up his speed to chase down Maclin.
60 yards - 36 of the yards due to more short underneath routes and then 15 yards for Peko's penalty (which he made up for a bit with a 9 yard loss sack just a couple plays later)
49 yards - 27 more yards on LB/S coverage
58 yards - only 22 yards on LB/S coverage (woo!...I guess), this was the drive that Darqueze got beat for 33 yards. I want to say this was the only route further downfield than just a few yards that one of our CBs got beat on.
71 yards - this is where it was 29-15 Bengals, I don't remember this drive very well and the box score isn't helping my memory much. It looks like a lot of short plays but it's hard to tell who is at fault, especially when I don't remember them as well as the other drives. Not sure how to really "grade" this one.
47 yards - I must have completely missed this as the play-by-play is telling me that Conley caught a 44 yard pass and Dennard tackled him (so I'm guessing Darqueze got beat again??). Okay, so I guess that's 2 passes that traveled more than just a few yards in the air that were completed on our CBs yesterday.

I see some people worrying about our CBs, and that we give up big plays too much, but the reality is that we're getting torn up underneath because our LBs and safeties have been a liability in coverage more often than not. Reggie needs to play at the level that he's capable of, Iloka needs to come back 100%, and we really need Burfict out there. Can Dawson improve enough to get thrown out there for coverage purposes? We need to hope so. Like I said before though, I'm not going to get tooooo worried until we start losing games and this really starts to matter, but I can completely understand if some have a concern with this part of our team. These yards could turn into 7 points instead of 3 and then we're in trouble.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Our Defense gives up big plays - TKUHL - 10-04-2015, 07:32 PM
RE: Our Defense gives up big plays - McC - 10-04-2015, 10:09 PM
RE: Our Defense gives up big plays - Utts - 10-05-2015, 12:33 AM
RE: Our Defense gives up big plays - Utts - 10-05-2015, 02:02 AM
RE: Our Defense gives up big plays - J24 - 10-04-2015, 08:40 PM
RE: Our Defense gives up big plays - Utts - 10-04-2015, 10:04 PM
RE: Our Defense gives up big plays - djs7685 - 10-05-2015, 09:01 AM
RE: Our Defense gives up big plays - kevin - 10-05-2015, 10:10 AM
RE: Our Defense gives up big plays - Utts - 10-06-2015, 01:59 AM