Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Don't Set Yourself up for Disappointment
I think we should all be upset that the Bengals are 4-0 because that is not a good thing and we should expect disappointment. That is absurd. If you cannot see that this team is different from the other teams we have had then there is a problem. Andy is playing lights out right now and what I love to see from him is his swagger he is showing. I loved the fact when he ran for the first down yesterday he gets up and points indicating a first down. He has never done that before and he is showing his confidence. He is becoming a true leader for that team and they are responding for him. This team has a different feel. They are finally finishing games late that in the past they would have let go and quit if they got behind. They are playing with a confidence and swagger that they have not had before. I think the defense has confidence in the offense to get the team back ahead if for some reason they give up the lead to another team or even give up points. We have perhaps the best running back tandem in the league in Gio and Jeremy. AJ is being AJ but our other receivers are playing great right now. We need to give kudos to Brandon Tate for the great catch yesterday and the awareness to get up and score after not being touched. Tyler Eifert is showing what we missed with him because he is truly a matchup nightmare for opposing defenses. However with that being said there are a couple things that still are concerning to me but I think they can get fixed soon and that is the amount of penalties we are getting and the use of timeouts early could come back to hurt us if we are in a tight game later in the year and need them late and don't have them. They have got to do better at time management and the use of the timeouts. My biggest concern on this team and I know that I will get a lot of people upset by saying it but it is easily Mike Nugent. I know a lot of people are fans of OSU and I understand the loyalty but he is a liability when there is a field goal over 40 yards that needs to be made. He is not accurate from 40 and beyond and that concerns me because this could cost us later in the year if they are tied or need a field goal to win. Also in my opinion he has the weakest leg in the league and his kickoffs show this. He rarely makes a touchback and that concerns me especially if we are facing a return threat. I am not sure if the field goal thing is a mental thing or not but it really does concern me. Hopefully he can get his act together. But overall this team is one of the deepest in the league and if they stay healthy they have a legitimate shot to go deep this year. Who Dey
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Don't Set Yourself up for Disappointment - bengalsfan73 - 10-05-2015, 12:42 PM