Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you trust Zac with player overhaul too?
(10-01-2019, 10:51 AM)ochocincos Wrote: It's hard to say.
Zac Taylor couldn't technically start working with the Bengals until Feb 4.
He then had to assemble his entire staff, of which took practically the entire month.
That left very little time to research and plan for players in FA.
I think because of that whirlwind, the team relied on re-signing players like Hart, Brown, Uzomah, Eifert, and Dennard while signing backup-caliber outside FAs with ties to Anarumo like BW Webb and Kerry Wynn.

I'm willing to give Taylor one more offseason to turn things around since he'll have a full offseason starting 12/30/19 (day after Week 17) to fully dive into everything.
I'm really hoping we see one of two approaches:
1) Team truly identifies the age of the core talented players and goes all in for 2020 by picking up quality starters in FA who are in the Top 15 at their position.
2) Go full rebuild and not have the following players back who will be in the final year of their contracts or will hit FA: Green, Dalton, Glenn, Eifert, Vigil, Dennard, Smith. I'd also look to trade/cut Kirkpatrick, Hart, Brown. If the Bengals go this option, they would have $100+ mill to spend. Some FAs I'd love to see are Littleton, Castonzo and/or Bulaga, and a WR (there are plenty solid vet options to pick from).
I think how he handles Green and Dalton will be fascinating.

The previous player overhaul on offense was almost forced up on us by Carson Palmer. I do wonder if he goes all in on offense with a completely new identity.  

If Zac straps himself to the side of Dalton, AJ this offseason plus he has already tied up on hid behalf Geno and Dunlap then he limits his options more for a full rebuild in my opinion.  Basically you're franchise players and leaders are the same again...
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Do you trust Zac with player overhaul too? - sonofstat - 10-01-2019, 02:36 PM