Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My official stance of the 2019 season
(10-01-2019, 04:12 PM)grampahol Wrote: I don't know that I actually hyped myself this time around. I was never quite sold on the ZT hype from the beginning. Zero experience as a HC with an even less experienced staff under him...What was there to be hyped about to begin with?  Just moving on from Marvin meant little to nothing unless there was a winning strategy in place which just wasn't the case. 
Things are most definitely different, but different doesn't help if by different you mean worse than the last regime..

You nailed it. The hype was basically based around the team actually moving on from Marvin for ANYONE. The fanbase would have been happy with any coach they hired except Hue Jackson.

Which is a problem in itself.

1 ) They waited way too long to get rid of Marvin. He needed to go when the roster was still good. Not 0-7 in the playoffs...then 3 more seasons.
2 ) What team would legit want Hue Jackson as HC. That was a real possibility. The Bengals literally had the nuclear option and it seemed like they might go that route.

So fans were happy with ANYONE but Hue or Marvin.

But, there is obviously a difference in quality of coaches and ZT is pretty bad.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: My official stance of the 2019 season - THE PISTONS - 10-01-2019, 04:48 PM