Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Should "retweeting" be a crime?
(10-01-2019, 11:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Damn it!! We're going with the semantics argument. I purposely phrased it as "retweeting" to show I was pointing to a common term for re-sharing information. BTW you can send a private tweet.

But that aside, I appreciate you straight forward admission of your stance. Not sure I agree with it, in this situation, but I appreciate it. Of course cyber bullying needs to be addressed, but is sharing a message freely shared with you an example?

It's not meant to be a semantics argument. A retweet is very different from posting private messages, so it completely changes my position on this.

Retweet means you shared someone's tweet on your page. That implies that their tweet was already public because private (or protected as twitter calls them) tweets are not retweetable.

And, yes, regardless if the person knowingly told you the information or sent you the text, the intent to harass them is what ultimately matters. They sought to publicly shame and harass that kid as a way to hurt him emotionally and mentally. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
Should "retweeting" be a crime? - bfine32 - 10-01-2019, 10:41 PM
RE: Should "retweeting" be a crime? - BmorePat87 - 10-01-2019, 11:55 PM
RE: Should "retweeting" be a crime? - CJD - 10-02-2019, 11:18 AM