Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Should "retweeting" be a crime?
(10-02-2019, 10:15 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: You literally said "It doesn't appear they did anything negative towards him with regards to said information (Teasing, intimidation, etc.)". The act of outing him as retribution was a negative action. 

Explain exactly how it was done innocently. 

Did they release the information and follow it up with threats, teasing, intimidation? I didn't say innocent did I? I said they didn't do anything negative towards him WITH that information they released. The information is negative but without additional actions around releasing the information it doesn't rise to anything other than releasing factual information that there was no legal expectation to remain private.

As I said, if the GF did in fact release it then you are talking about potential privacy laws with the BF phone she accessed illegally. In terms of bullying, and in context of what facts the article gave, there is not nearly enough to try and link the release of information with any sort of bullying crimes. It is not a crime to report factual information even if the intent of said factual information is to embarrass the person involved. If that were the case every news network in the country would be operating illegally. 

Messages In This Thread
Should "retweeting" be a crime? - bfine32 - 10-01-2019, 10:41 PM
RE: Should "retweeting" be a crime? - Au165 - 10-02-2019, 11:35 AM
RE: Should "retweeting" be a crime? - CJD - 10-02-2019, 11:18 AM