Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The 2019 Draft is contributing what exactly?
(10-02-2019, 09:23 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Do you actually think any of that's going to change over the next 12 games?

Yes.

Certainly outside of the first two rounds - and our first round pick is unavailable due to injury - I wouldn't be expecting rookies to start weeks 1-4. 

For rounds 3 and below in weeks 1-4 I'd expect to see growing pains in whatever limited actions they see. Weeks 5-12 I'd expect to see signs of improvement amidst the inconsistent play. Weeks 13-16 I'd hope to see them display greater consistency in an increased role.

You build through the draft, but it's not an immediate fix with the later rounds as you are essentially drafting players to groom to become starters in years 2 and 3.

As to which players develop, that remains to be seen. It's unlikely that they all will but it's equally unlikely that none of them will. How this draft crop develops for the rest of the season is  probably the single most important factor for determining the Bengals' future. If they develop under the coaching staff it will give Coach Taylor the authority to make more big calls when it comes to personnel (Free agent signings! Trades!). If they flop it's unlikely that the Front Office will give Coach Taylor license to make the Franchise changing overhaul that is needed.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The 2019 Draft is contributing what exactly? - TJHoushmandzadeh's Shiny Shoes - 10-03-2019, 08:09 AM