Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bernie Sanders hospitalized for heart procedure, cancels campaign events
(10-03-2019, 08:31 AM)Au165 Wrote: I mean it does set up for him to wave around his hospital bill where it says what it would cost without insurance. I recently had a kid that spent time in the NICU after birth and the bill was 500k without insurance but "luckily" my insurance negotiated that down to 250k, and I "only" had to pay 6k.

Sorry about that. NICU's are wonderful things but awful places to have to be in for a long time.

Both of our children were preemies.  Four years between them.

With our second my wife had to have emergency surgery after the emergency c-section for a bleeding liver.

Hospital bills were approx $1.25 million between them.

We both had insurance that maxed out.

But in PA if you have a child born under a certain weight you are eligible for medical insurance like a disability.  It was a "gold card" that covered everything our insurance did not.  Plus WIC (we got free juice, cereal, etc) and they both got SSI until they reached their actual birth date and weight.

It total we probably didn't pay over $500.00 out of pocket.

Great system that we had paid into our entire working lives.  So I didn't feel guilty using it.  Especially the insurance.  The hospital charged us for the oxygen our kids were on by the quarter hour.  I assumed that was so if they died within the hour they could still charge us for something.  Whatever

But why offer that kind of thing to everyone when there is a profit to be made...at our "nonprofit" hospitals.  Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bernie Sanders hospitalized for heart procedure, cancels campaign events - GMDino - 10-03-2019, 10:59 AM