Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What makes unwelcome contact be of a sexual nature?
(10-04-2019, 01:42 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Alright, so admittedly this is me trying to work through something for something I am doing for my workplace. Details will be sparse for obvious reasons. Male, who happens to be gay, smacks female on her ass. This makes female feel uncomfortable. The main argument from the male is that because he is gay it was clear the contact was not of a sexual nature. However, the female still felt the contact was sexual even knowing the male is gay.

Would you still consider this contact to be sexual in nature? Have you ever seen this sort of thing before? I'm genuinely not looking for an argument on this. I have a case I am working through where this is a question I have to wrestle with and I am conflicted.

Short answer: Yes.  It was a violation of her personal space and the ass is considered much more off limits than if he had put a hand on her shoulder or back, IMHO.

Long answer: I have a friend from high school is FABULOUSLY gay and at a wedding last year for a fellow classmate he grabbed the brides breasts and said how good they looked.  I laughed out loud and told him that HE could get away with that and I never could.  He responded that he KNOWS he can get away with it and that's why he does it sometimes.  Now in THIS situation we have all known each other for over 30 years so no limits were tested or broken, however it leads to some gay men may feel like they have more leeway with women than they really have.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: What makes unwelcome contact be of a sexual nature? - GMDino - 10-04-2019, 01:54 PM