Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What makes unwelcome contact be of a sexual nature?
So far, everyone is saying what I was thinking. Really was hoping that would be the case because I didn't want to seem like I was being overly sensitive to this sort of thing and I want to be fair to the male student. I'm still going to look for some more guidance on this from other sources, but this has been helpful for me. This is the first time I've had to adjudicate a case like this where I really have to sit down and try to parse out the terms in the policy.

Based on the statements I have read thus far there is zero doubt to me that the male student violated university policy, it's just Title IX cases are tough in this way.

(10-04-2019, 02:28 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Not only is it sexual in nature, it could be construed as Sexual Assault. What would we call it (besides college) if I walked up and grabbed a dudes junk and my "defense" is I'm straight?

The student is being accused of violating policies of sexual assault and sexual harassment, so you're spot on with this.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: What makes unwelcome contact be of a sexual nature? - Belsnickel - 10-04-2019, 02:35 PM