Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Should we bring back Kevin Coyle as an assistant?
(10-05-2015, 04:24 PM)tigershrimp Wrote: I get that he's a scapegoat for a flippin' disastrous quarter-season....

Thing is, he was on the hot seat last year. Suh IS a cancer, you're right. The part you have wrong is that Coyle isn't culpable in letting the Suh cancer eat at his authority, and that Coyle may have lobbied to bring in Suh to halt his slide from favor:

“I think the only possibility that you have today is maybe Kevin Coyle won’t have a job by the end of the day,” the Sun Sentinel’s Omar Kelly said on the Joe Rose Show. “I do believe that Kevin Coyle probably deserves to be fired for this reason: this problem has continued since six games into last season, hasn’t gotten better, and they haven’t been able to stop the run. In fact, the problem is getting worse. I felt like he shouldn’t have been fired last year. I clearly think I made a mistake because I thought injuries were the reason they started to fall apart against the run. It’s not the reason why. They just can’t stop the run.”

In 2013 Miami was the 8th rank defense in points allowed. Bengals were 5th in scoring that year.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Should we bring back Kevin Coyle as an assistant? - BengalChris - 10-05-2015, 08:56 PM