Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ireland becomes first country to legalize gay marriage via pop vote
(05-28-2015, 11:08 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Nowhere did I state all heterosexual marriages were monogamous and/or perfect. Nor have I stated that same-sex marriage will increase the spread of disease among homosexuals. I simply stated IMO a larger amount of heterosexual marriages are based on religion and part of that religion speaks to adultery and other forms of sexual immorality to include homosexuality. I just went with the notion that the heterosexual couple that believes in the words written might take these words a little more seriously. Sure homosexuals can be religious, but it’s just that practicing homosexuals might be a little more lenient in the sexual immorality aspect.

As to all “I have to be against gay marriage is my religion”: that is correct. However, it is not something I apologize for; regardless, how many on here suggest I should. I am quite sure that same-sex marriage will soon be accepted and legitimized throughout the United States and I will abide accordingly. However, just like abortion; it does not mean I have to agree with the practice.
As to your first paragraph we will agree to disagree. As to the second, I'm not asking you to apologize, like it, or approve. My point is there shouldn't be a law which discriminates against a specific group based upon their sexual orientation due to another's religious beliefs. Would you like to be governed by sharia law? As a Christian, I will assume "no."  A law which bans marriage for some base upon your Christian beliefs is the equivalent of Christian sharia law. A law based upon a specific religion places that religion over another in the eyes of the government and that is a no no. 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ireland becomes first country to legalize gay marriage via pop vote - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 05-28-2015, 12:22 PM