Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ireland becomes first country to legalize gay marriage via pop vote
(05-27-2015, 03:58 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Same-sex marriage and high-risk sexual behaviors do not share the relationship you think they do. It has already been pointed out that marriage promotes monogamy which would slow down the rates. There will not likely be any change in the rate of infection, but if there is it would be a decrease, with the legalization of same-sex marriage. So, I ask again, what do you propose to stem the tide of HIV infections?

And again, you have a false equivalence. If you cannot comprehend the difference in the risk to the public health when you compare an airborne disease to one that requires direct contact that is almost blood to blood, then I don't know what to tell you. You can catch the diseases we were discussing in the other thread by being near someone, or even near someone that was near someone that had it. Meanwhile you have to be anally penetrated by someone with HIV/AIDS to contract the disease (for the most part, there are other scenarios but they are far less likely to lead to contraction and still highly unlikely to happen, and not environmental in nature). If you seriously think that something you have to engage in intercourse to contract poses the same risk as something that you only have to stand near someone to contract then you have gone round the bend.

Where did you provide this information that monogamy relations will slow the growth rate?

I understand that it's harder to get HIV vs the other diseases we were talking about in the other thread and you're ignoring the overall concept.

A small percentage of people infecting others because of choices that they make which can result in deaths to the general population.

At what point can the general population step in and say we need to start protecting ourselves?
Which one is greater? The amount of people that die each year from Aids or from those that aren't vaccinated?

When did the Netherlands legalize SSM? April 1 2001?
use this chart and see how much the Death Rates have increased, the Prevalence rate has increased and the overall number of infected people has almost doubled since it's become legalized all due to HIV/Aids. 

http://www.indexmundi.com/g/g.aspx?v=35&c=nl&l=en

Would you please tell me again how legalizing SSM it will slow down the spread of HIV/Aids?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ireland becomes first country to legalize gay marriage via pop vote - Mike M (the other one) - 05-28-2015, 12:47 PM