Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Whistle-Blower’s Complaint Is Said to Involve Multiple Acts by Trump
(10-09-2019, 12:14 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I can somewhat understand this whole thing about the impeachment discussions from day 1. Granted, you are correct that it was only the fringe making the cries at the time,

Not quite Day 1, but it was brought up on this board literally less than a month after inauguration. By xxlt. (It likely was brought up earlier, but that was when the first dedicated thread towards it was made.) Granted, xxlt also made a thread less than half a year into Trump's presidency that it was "inevitable" that Trump will stage a coup. So maybe you're onto something with that whole fringe thing.

As far as less fringe, I think the Democrats shot themselves in the foot a bit in 2017 when they introduced articles of impeachment despite Republicans controlling both House and Senate. That's not fringe, and they knew it would never pass (and admitted so). Granted, it's not Day 1 either.

When you try to impeach a President 10 months into their Presidency despite knowing it has absolutely zero chance of succeeding, it's not a good look. Doubly so when it was in large part about firing James Comey, who a LOT people wanted fired.... until Trump fired him. It also doesn't help when you later now have much better grounds and potential support, but you've been banging on the Impeachment Drum for the last 48 months for random different reasons that didn't really meet the threshold. It creates fatigue. 

At this point, I think while Trump could be (and probably should be) impeached, I don't know if it'd do any good. By the time the whole process is done, either he'll either already be out of a job because he lost the election, or he'll be freshly re-elected... and impeaching a freshly re-elected President is going to be an absolute shit show (compared to getting him in Year 3 or 6 or something).

- - - - - - - -
God I wish Kasich or Weld would beat Trump in the primary. Never going to ever vote for Trump, but none of the Democrat candidates really tickle my fancy. Probably just going to go 3rd party again if I can find anyone worth a damn there either. I didn't vote in '12 and it felt dirty to not vote.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Whistle-Blower’s Complaint Is Said to Involve Multiple Acts by Trump - TheLeonardLeap - 10-09-2019, 03:40 PM