Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Whistle-Blower’s Complaint Is Said to Involve Multiple Acts by Trump
(10-09-2019, 03:40 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: When you try to impeach a President 10 months into their Presidency despite knowing it has absolutely zero chance of succeeding, it's not a good look.

I disagree with that on principle. If one feels his duty as Congressman leaves him no other choice, then impeachment seems the right thing to do - even if it stands no chance to go through.
Now I'm not saying this was necessarily the case here with Trump, but chance of success should not be the sole criteria for bringing up impeachment.

(10-09-2019, 03:40 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Doubly so when it was in large part about firing James Comey, who a LOT people wanted fired.... until Trump fired him.

It wasn't just about firing Comey though. It was about firing Comey because of "that Russia thing". Which would have been akin to Obama firing him because of "that Email thing".
Which ironically was the first reason the admin gave - Comey mishandling Clinton. Until Trump blew that up and then it turned out he had demanded loyalty and suggested to let Flynn go.
The fuzz over the Comey firing is about a little bit more than just Comey.

(10-09-2019, 03:40 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: God I wish Kasich or Weld would beat Trump in the primary. Never going to ever vote for Trump, but none of the Democrat candidates really tickle my fancy.

Well... you realistically got two options and get to choose the better one. Tickling one's fancy usually is not part of that decision, is it?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Whistle-Blower’s Complaint Is Said to Involve Multiple Acts by Trump - hollodero - 10-09-2019, 09:18 PM