Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Whistle-Blower’s Complaint Is Said to Involve Multiple Acts by Trump
(10-10-2019, 12:45 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: You're not fully grasping the point I'm making.  The constant cries for impeachment have created a chorus that prevent an actual legitimate claim from actually being heard and discerned from the others.  Not only that, but it paints the current effort with the exact same brush used on all the other efforts, some for laughable reasons.  If I call the police every day and say there's an intruder in my house and every day they show up and there isn't one do you think they're going to treat the next call I make as seriously as the first, even if this time there actually is an intruder?  I get that the evidence is stronger in this case, but that doesn't matter to most people because they've been beat over the head with impeachment talk the past three years.  To them this is merely the latest call of an intruder in my house.

I still don't see "constant cries for impeachment." Just some, sometimes, and not from "Day 1." And a Speaker of the House who resolutely REFUSED to go there until another clear abuse of office forced her hand.  The Ukraine scandal is at least the second "smoking gun."

Who is doing the "painting" here?  Seems to me it is largely Fox and the right claiming Dems have been doing this all along. After the Mueller Report finally came out, Tucker and Sean were constantly claiming Dems had promised it would bring impeachment, but they weren't quoting anyone. Russian intervention, contacts with the Trump campaign, and the following obstruction of investigation were in no way "false alarms." But everyone and anyone mentioning "impeachment" was THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY, especially that anyone was a member of the Squad.

It has been the Fox-GOP chorus, more than anything else, that has prevented "an actual legitimate claim from actually being heard and discerned." Commentators have for at least two years now talked about the "real goal" of Dems since they "can't win" a fair election against this wonderfully popular president.  The biggest smoke move in U.S. history was probably Barr's "summary" of the Mueller report which circulated media outlets for people who don't watch MSNBC or CNN.   Two weeks ago Don Lemon interviewed the head of the Drudge Report and had to correct him at least FOUR TIMES for saying the Mueller Report found no obstruction.

If I call the police and say there is an intruder in the house and they don't show up or show up late and tell me a broken lock isn't a broken lock, and then I call them after a second break in, is it right to say their refusal to answer the second call is because I cried wolf the first time?

On a fuller analogy, a large number of the police have a vested interest in NOT finding intruders in this case, or at least a certain intruder.

Add that the portion of the community, which backs the aforementioned police faction, is comfortable with home intrusions now, at least for favored intruders, and on the right homes.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Whistle-Blower’s Complaint Is Said to Involve Multiple Acts by Trump - Dill - 10-10-2019, 04:00 PM