Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Whistle-Blower’s Complaint Is Said to Involve Multiple Acts by Trump
(10-11-2019, 09:45 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: It is interesting to me how much this strategy of misinformation has worked, though. I was chatting with a retired politician, yesterday. He's a moderate Republican, has served at the state level of government, and is a friend to such individuals as President G.W. Bush and other very high profile types (including high profile Democrats). This is not someone that I would consider to be out of touch with the news of the day or how things operate. But even he made comments that were based on the propaganda efforts of the Trump administration about Biden and the Ukrainian prosecutor.

It just goes to show how effective this tactic has been that even people who know much more than the average citizen are still unaware of the whole situation. How can we expect the majority of Americans to not fall prey to this?

I actually don't expect the majority of Americans to fall prey to this; were he running against Hillary to day he would certainly lose the popular vote by a much larger margin.

Fox News plus House redistricting insures that an angry and disinformed 38% of the voting public can control the Exec and Congress, and long enough to get their people on the Supreme Court. (Not going to include the Senate, since I agree with equal representation of states there. Changing that will create a far more serious divide in the nation than any experienced since the Civil War.)

Add another  5-10% of "independents" who don't identify as Trump supporters but think critiques of his public vulgarity, incompetence, venality and petty vindictiveness are simply "partisan butthurt." In their eyes, his behavior, including belief in Fox conspiracy theories, doesn't render him unfit to be the U.S.' face to the world, with ultimate responsibility for U.S. foreign policy. I.e., unfit RIGHT NOW. Today. No real long term damage to existing institutions or foreign relations.   Still better than competent Hillary.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Whistle-Blower’s Complaint Is Said to Involve Multiple Acts by Trump - Dill - 10-11-2019, 12:41 PM