Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ineptness quantified statistically
(10-14-2019, 04:48 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: The problem on this team appears to be offense and schemes.  I am willing to acknowledge that the play calling as been so bad that it is embarrassing.  I am a Taylor supporter but I think he ought to give Callahan the play calling duties.  Yet, there is no rush attack because the O-Line gets no push, has not displayed any ability to get push, even with Price and Redmond at guard position.  Makes me think Turner may also be the problem....

I'm not saying the offense has been good, but I disagree there.

The defense has been far worse, and yesterday was a great example.  6 of the 30 snaps with the lead occurred yesterday before the offense ever took the field.  But the defense never forced a 3rd down the entire drive.  Tied game.  The Ravens first third down was deep in the red zone on the 4 yard line during their second drive, the snap before we trailed 14-7.  The next third down was the snap before they went up 17-7.

Now establishing a running game will help even out time of possession some, but even with fresh legs and a lead to start the game, the defense is can't make a stop.  It's too easy for the opposition to move the ball, and a bad offense damn sure isn't going to develop a rhythm sitting on the bench.  And that oline definitely needs to develop a rhythm...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ineptness quantified statistically - jfkbengals - 10-14-2019, 08:23 PM