Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Glenn at odds with Bengals over concussion
(10-17-2019, 10:35 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Is that Morse Code?

If he has traumatic brain injury, it can be visually analyzed by CT, MRI or PET, etc.

In absence of that confirmation, then we have a catch all phrase of concussion - which is patient reported; thus, cannot be confirmed by any lab, biomarker or imaging methods.

If you go to your primary care physician and complain of pain in your leg and there is no evidence of a fracture, peripheral artery disease or deep vein thrombosis, then it's your word that matters.

This is the case with this guy. He says he was concussed some time during the game. Reported it after the game apparently. No evidence of when it occurred.

I dialed into a WebEx held by an ex-Team Physician for an NFL Team in Northeast, who was presenting cases of TBI and CTE. Although this physician is pro-player safety (thus EX-Team Physician), there was no evidence provided that one can definitively rule out concussion.

So if you tell me you are concussed and complain of visual disturbances, vertigo, headaches, nausea, vomitting, etc., I have no way of ruling out concussion.

That is what NFL is truly fearing. How do you defend yourself against that?

I am a Bengal fan. This guy upsets me beyond words. If he is unhappy about his salary, position change, the OL coach, etc., make it known and hold out.

But pulling this garbage is ridiculous.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Glenn at odds with Bengals over concussion - XsandOs - 10-17-2019, 11:47 PM