Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Glenn at odds with Bengals over concussion
(10-18-2019, 02:58 AM)XsandOs Wrote: You don't possess the background or capacity for me to have a discussion with you on this topic.

But as a matter of clarity:

To your analogy of a migraine - you should look at the placebo effect rates both in episodic and chronic migraine clinical trials.

Similar to this situation with Glenn, the true prevalence of migraines are far below the opioid abuse population who c/o migraines.

Once you do that, and truly comprehend what that means, then read my post again.

You are having a discussion with a person who has spent more time in migraine literature and treatment, than you have spent in school.

That a concussion is a general term applied to non imaging confirmed TBI, is correct. However, imaging confirms TBI, irrespective of whether baseline imaging is available.

Again, non-quantifiable condition that cannot be confirmed by lab or imaging data, which depends solely on patient described symptoms, can and has been abused.

As a word of advice, refrain from using "pretty much" in your argument. Makes you look like an amateur.

I’m a former Army PA still in practice as a civilian PA with 18 years of experience. So I know 1, possibly even 2 things about concussions. If you’re a physician then I can only imagine your embarrassment at having your misinformation regarding basic concussion information corrected by an amateur like myself.

Claiming a concussion that lasts 2 months isn’t a concussion, but a TBI indicates you need to brush up on the basics. Because not only is a concussion a TBI, it is the most common type of TBI. While most concussions resolve in 2 weeks, some can linger for months.

Despite the smoke and mirrors related to migraines to save face, it doesn’t change the fact if we imagined just the true migraine suffers none of the imaging modalities can detect a migraine.

I’m well aware that medical conditions that require a clinical diagnosis can be abused by someone who is malingering. But, you have no evidence of malingering and the information we do know is still consistent with a concussion. You’re letting your personal feelings cloud your clinical judgment, if you have any clinical judgment. And I’m not sure that you do if you don’t know a concussion is a TBI.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Glenn at odds with Bengals over concussion - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 10-18-2019, 11:19 AM