Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Glenn at odds with Bengals over concussion
(10-18-2019, 04:18 PM)XsandOs Wrote: I won't have further discussion with you. You obviously have an agenda but are ignorant of facts.

You need to turn to your leaders within the VA and ask why they image these patients.

Edit:
And similar to your irrelevant comment related to Migraines, your PTSD statement is a deflection and irrelevant.

Again, as I have stated earlier, in absence of subarachnoid hemorrhage, subdural hematoma or cortical contusions, then the diagnosis would be a concussion (general term) and dependent primarily on patient reported symptoms.

But you continue to argue a pointless agenda.

I don’t need to ask why people with severe head trauma need imaging when you suspect a subdural hematoma or subarachnoid hemorrhage. I also know why it isn’t need with mild head trauma that results in a concussion.

Migraines and PTSD are two conditions that cannot be confirmed or denied with imaging. Just like concussions. They are conditions that require the clinician to listen to their symptom. Many of these patients have been accused of drug seeking or malingering. Like you have accused Glenn of malingering. If you’re involved in the VA health system I hope you eventually learn to listen to your patients instead of dismissing their symptoms as malingering.

(10-17-2019, 10:16 PM)XsandOs Wrote: If the concussion is of degree of severity that requires 8 weeks of recovery, then it's not a concussion.

Then it would be a TBI - which can be determined by CT, MRI, SPECT, PET etc. and evidenced by hematoma, hemmorrhages or contusions.

All of that, not pretty much all, is incorrect. So I appreciate the advice on imaging soldiers blown up by IEDs, but I’m good. I don’t need any advice from someone who doesn’t know a concussion is the most common type of TBI which can’t be detected by imaging.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Glenn at odds with Bengals over concussion - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 10-18-2019, 05:28 PM