Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Glenn at odds with Bengals over concussion
(10-18-2019, 08:47 PM)XsandOs Wrote: I'll state for the final time so others understand. When a diagnosis is made there are a set of codes applied ranging from fracture of skull to contusions to edemas - from focal to diffuse. Then there is a general diagnosis code for concussion.

ICD 10 codes? Really? Just so others understand those codes are used for reimbursement and epidemiology purposes. They have nothing to do with the work up, diagnosis, treatment, or prognosis of a medical condition. I don’t even know why you would introduce them into the discussion. But, just so others understand the real reason you and I give a shit about codes is because the insurance companies withhold payment to us without them.

Quote:My opinion as a fan. My views on Glenn, as a fan, are mine. Your insistence that my opinion in this case is incorrect, baffles me. The only reason to be that defensive is that it's possible that you have previously been questioned related to your practice patterns.

In the military, a service member can be charged and convicted of malingering. You can put them in jail, take their rank, take their money, confine them to quarters, assign them extra duty. You know what you need to prove malingering? Objective evidence. What do you got? By your own admission, a personal opinion. You’re not proving anyone is malingering with that. Especially given Glenn’s recovery isn’t outside of the realm of possibility. It wouldn’t be difficult for a defense lawyer to find a neurologist to discredit your opinion.

Quote:Melodramatics don't add to a discussion. Using extreme case examples, to argue your point, doesn't prove a point.

Extreme examples like migraines or PTSD? Yeah, those are so extreme. Who is being melodramatic now?

Quote:Battlefield injuries are evident.

Concussions are a battlefield injury. Are they evident? But if a concussion last two months it’s not a concussion, it’s a TBI? LMFAO. Okay, doc. How many battlefields have you been on?

Quote:That concussion cannot be detected via imaging or biomarkers, is the crux of my point; thus, potential for abuse - as are migraines.

Back pain, RPPS, plantar fasciitis, headaches, PTSD, abdominal pain, and more all have the potential for abuse.

Hell, how many patients a year go to the ED for chest pain and leave with a diagnosis of chest pain because they didn’t find anything? What’s the percentage of patients taken to surgery for appendicitis, but don’t have appendicitis?

Quote: However, it seems you are too smart for me.

Nope, not me. I don’t have the background or capacity to discuss this with someone who spent more time reading migraine literature alone than I’ve spent in school, yet somehow doesn’t know a concussion is the most common type of TBI. Remember?
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Glenn at odds with Bengals over concussion - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 10-19-2019, 02:34 AM