Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Seahawks at @ THE JUNGLE. (Predictions)
(10-07-2015, 11:19 AM)rungiorun25 Wrote: I just did a little research and there is no concrete stat for it, but wanted to see how we have fared against "super bowl contenders" in the Jungle since AD-AG era began.

I came to a record of around 9-6.  My list is not 100% accurate because I'm sure I missed a couple teams, but I have:
2014 - 2-1 (Ravens and Broncos W, Steelers L)
2013 - 5-0 (Steelers, Packers, Pats, Colts, Ravens W)
2012 - 2-2 (Ravens and Giants W, Steelers and Broncos L)
2011 - 0-3 (Niners, Steelers, Ravens L)

Like I just went off memory, I don't remember if some of those are teams were true contenders or if some teams were really contenders that I missed..

But looking further, were 7 of our last 8 victorious...we have only lost to one true contender from the NFC since the era has begun as well. 

Bengals have fared very well against the NFC teams since Dalton-Green arrived..and I see the trend continuing this weekend against another super bowl contender from the NFC

Bengals - 31
Seahawks - 20

I do know that we played the Ravens and Steelers twice in each of those years that you listed. You have us as 5-0 in 2013 yet we lost to both the Steelers and Ravens that year. We also beat San Diego in the regular season in 2013 and they should be considered a contender since they did beat us in the playoffs that same season. Also, I wouldn't consider teams that didn't even make the playoffs that year as "contenders". Steelers and Ravens missed playoffs in 2013, Steelers missed in 2012. This is also just off the top of my head, so there could be some stuff I'm missing.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Seahawks at @ THE JUNGLE. (Predictions) - djs7685 - 10-07-2015, 11:24 AM