Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Glenn at odds with Bengals over concussion
(10-19-2019, 10:02 AM)Wyche Wrote: Agreed....and as I noted somewhere on here, we are basically totally ditching the old philosophy for a new one. Same as we did when Sam Wyche took over. This team was built for an antiquated AFCN approach. The new staff is looking at a modern west coast style of play. We don't have the horses for it across the roster. There are some pieces here and there, but not enough. The team is going to have to get aggressive in its personnel moves and fast. If the team still falls flat, then it's time to look at coaching. With as late of a start as we got assembling the staff due to the archaic rules of hiring coaches until they're done in the playoffs, we were behind the 8 ball before we even got started. A lot of people have lost sight of that little nugget.

EDIT: As a FSU fan, the same thing happened there, and last season looked brutal. This season started about the same, but over the last few weeks, the team has shown signs of pretty good improvement.

Well, they've copied the Rams playbook atleast. I don't see them using the TE's and RB's in passing...which I think are issues. Throw Mixon the ball on more than screens. When you can't run, do short passes!

What I don't see is the Bengals scouting opponents, identifying weaknesses, and attacking them with custom gameplans. The 49ers and Steelers did that to us. We use the same gameplan every game. And maybe that worked for the Rams who have superior personnel.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Glenn at odds with Bengals over concussion - THE PISTONS - 10-19-2019, 10:46 AM