Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Glenn at odds with Bengals over concussion
(10-19-2019, 10:46 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Well, they've copied the Rams playbook atleast. I don't see them using the TE's and RB's in passing...which I think are issues. Throw Mixon the ball on more than screens. When you can't run, do short passes!

What I don't see is the Bengals scouting opponents, identifying weaknesses, and attacking them with custom gameplans. The 49ers and Steelers did that to us. We use the same gameplan every game. And maybe that worked for the Rams who have superior personnel.

I gotta agree with you....and you're right, we don't have the personnel to dictate what we're going to do to our opponents. 

The reason I mentioned FSU is because they went from a pro style offense to a fast break, no huddle spread option. Obviously, the personnel didn't match up, and they were not fit enough physically to keep up with the demands. The team still doesn't have all of the right pieces, but they're at least in shape enough to keep up the pace. Also, Taggart did relinquish play calling duties after his first season.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Glenn at odds with Bengals over concussion - Wyche'sWarrior - 10-19-2019, 11:27 AM