Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Glenn at odds with Bengals over concussion
(10-19-2019, 11:21 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Seriously though, that whole "build the line before you get the QB" is so antiquated, i get a subdural hematoma every time i read it. That thinking went out the window as soon as FA started. You can do both or get the QB first, just as easy these days. 

You are right. It is harder to replace 5 guys as opposed to 1 guy. It's also harder to accumulate 5 good offensive linemen and then pay them all within 5 years. That's why you get the QB, then build around him--as you said, a mobile QB. One that has wheels is a plus. That QB can last a decade+ and he will fit under the cap easier than multiple offensive linemen. 

If i never see that '70s thinking around here again...it will be too soon. 

Just to stay on topic, the Bengals have a potential franchise LT, they have a guy playing well (though declining every week--hopefully he picks up this week) at center. They have a bunch of guys to compete for other positions and they have some good draft positions coming up. And then there's a couple offensive linemen out there in free agency. 

They really do have the ability to fix the line in 1 season. 

Our OL is mostly cast offs. We're 4 linemen away from a good line. You can get away with one and maybe two lessor linemen, but not 4.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Glenn at odds with Bengals over concussion - BengalChris - 10-19-2019, 11:38 AM