Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Concept of Giving a Coach a Few Years to Build a Team
(10-19-2019, 11:52 AM)Wyche Wrote: I think you'll get a better idea of my thoughts on the game plan in the other thread where you mentioned that.... we're in agreement there, so I won't rehash it here.

As to last year's 4-1 start, I must admit I believed we were better than we actually were.

For the record, I'm not saying that NO ONE could succeed here. I'm sure there are some championship caliber coaches that could have a couple, if not more, wins by now. No question in my mind. That said, I expected the ceiling here to be 8-8 under a rookie HC with leftover scraps as subordinates after not being able to announce the hiring until February. Antiquated approach in FO, sketchy personnel with bad depth, and maybe misjudged talent on the coach's behalf. Then again, maybe the FO wanted an evaluation of the roster in his scheme before they went all hung ho purging the roster....you know, MB and all. I think it's the perfect shit storm for ushering in a new era with an inexperienced HC running the ship to boot. 

We have the same coaches on the back end of the defense where you point to the biggest regression, so that's a little odd to me.  

I've said all along last years start was fools gold. The offense had like 2qtrs and a couple good drives in all those games and the rest of the time struggled, a lot. 

I know, I know you can say this about a bunch of games but we could easily have lost the Colts game and probably should have lost Dolphins game ! The D, as bad as it was won both of those games.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Concept of Giving a Coach a Few Years to Build a Team - bengalfan74 - 10-19-2019, 12:00 PM