Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Concept of Giving a Coach a Few Years to Build a Team
I don't think 0-6 or even 1-15 or 2-14 is neccessarily fireable. Not unless he just completely loses control of the players. I'm still firmly of the belief that he was set up to fail by ownership and to some extend by himself in hiring his buds to fill out the staff. He deserves a shot at a more inspired offseason.

However, I do believe that 0-16 is very fireable. Like, run him out of there after the last second in week 17 expires fireable.

A lost locker room and an abortion of a season call for it. Plus, you're likely looking at a new quarterback in that scenario. Do you want a guy that hasn't won 2 games going into a long-term commitment like that, or do you start over? I start over and let a new coach pick his guy. If you don't, and Taylor continues to flounder in 2020 (and it's probable if the family has one of their typical offseasons), you're grooming a top pick quarterback under an interim coach with a lost roster and nothing team culture. It's just another major setback in a long line.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Concept of Giving a Coach a Few Years to Build a Team - samhain - 10-19-2019, 02:45 PM